Effective July 20, 2020
Personal Information We Collect About You
When you access our Services, WE Global, may collect and use the following personal information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household (“personal information”):
- Your real name, alias, email address, postal address, education, credit card number, debit card number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, account name, or other similar identifiers;
- The products or services you have purchased, obtained or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories;
- Your Internet or other electronic network activity information, including aggregated usage personal information, such as visitors’ and users’ browsing history, search history and ‘click-stream’ activity on the Services, session heatmaps and scrolls, non-identifying personal information regarding the visitor’s or user’s device, operating system, internet browser, screen resolution, language, and keyboard settings, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps, etc.
- Your professional or employment-related information;
- Inferences drawn from any of the foregoing information to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We may obtain information about you directly from you, through your use of our Services and products, and from third parties (such as our content partners and vendors, including security providers, fraud detection and prevention providers, social media platforms (when you log-in or sign-up using your social media account), and advertising and marketing partners). This personal information is required to provide you access to our Services and products. If you do not provide the personal information we ask for, it may delay or prevent us from providing you access to our Services and products.
How and Why We Use Your Personal Information
Under data protection law, we can only use your personal information if we have a proper reason for doing so, such as:
- To provide you access to our Services and products, including to fulfill your online requests;
- To further expand and improve our services based on visitors’ and users’ personal preferences, experiences, and difficulties.
- To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred personal information, which WE may use to provide and improve our Services and our product offerings.
- Conducting checks to identify members of the WE Global community and verify their identity;
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- To enhance our data security and fraud prevention capabilities, including to prevent unauthorized access and modifications to our site and systems;
- For other our legitimate interests or those of a third party; or
- Where you have given consent.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests.
The personal information we collect is required to provide or make available our Services and products to you and to continue improving them. If you do not provide the personal information we ask for, it may delay or prevent us from providing Services and products to you.
We may use your personal information to send you updates (by email, text message, telephone or post) about our Services and products, including exclusive offers, promotions, or new content.
We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information for promotional purposes (see above “How and why we use your personal information”). This means we do not usually need your consent to send you promotional communications. However, where consent is needed, we will ask for this consent separately and clearly.
We will always treat your personal information with the utmost respect.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by:
• Using the “unsubscribe” link in emails or “STOP” number in texts; or
• Updating your marketing preferences on our [email protected]
We may ask you to confirm or update your marketing preferences if you instruct us to provide further services or products in the future, or if there are changes in the law, regulation, or the structure of our business.
Who We Share Your Personal Information With
We routinely share personal information with:
• Service providers we use to help deliver our products and/or Services to you, such as billing and payment processing providers and delivery companies and, communications and content delivery networks;
• Other third parties we use to help us run our business, such as marketing agencies, hosting and server co-location services, data and cybersecurity services, domain name registrars, fraud detection and prevention services, web analytics, e-mail distribution and monitoring services, session recording and remote access services, performance measurement, data optimization and marketing services, content providers, and our legal and financial advisors;
• Third parties approved by you, including social media sites you choose to link your account to or third-party payment providers;
• Our portfolio companies and affiliates.
We only allow our service providers to handle your personal information if we are satisfied they take appropriate measures to protect your personal information. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to ensure they can only use your personal information for a business purpose.
We may disclose and exchange information with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We may also need to share some personal information with other parties, such as potential buyers of some or all of our business or during a re-structuring. We will typically anonymize the information, but this may not always be possible. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations.
Our Services include certain social media features, widgets, and single sign-on features such as the “Facebook Connect,” “Google Sign-in,” “Facebook Like”, or “Share this” button or other interactive mini-programs (“social media features”). These sites and features may collect certain personal information such as your IP address or which page you are visiting on our website and may set a cookie to enable them to function properly. Social media features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Services. Your interactions with these third parties’ social media features are governed by their policies and not ours.
In addition, our Services may enable you to share your personal information with third parties directly, such as via page framing techniques to serve content to or from third-party service providers or other parties, while preserving the look and feel of our website and Services (“frames”). Please be aware that if you choose to interact or share any personal information via such frames, you are in fact providing it to these third parties and not to us, and such interactions and sharing are governed by those third parties’ policies and not ours
Where We Store Your Personal Information
Your personal information may be stored by our third-party service providers in data centers located in the United States of America, Ireland, South Korea, Taiwan, and Israel. Our third-party service providers may use other jurisdictions as necessary for the proper delivery of our Services and/or as may be required by law (as further
Our third-party service providers that store or process your personal information on our behalf are contractually committed to keep it protected and secured, in accordance with industry standards and regardless of any lesser legal requirements which may apply in their jurisdiction.
How Long Your Personal Information Will Be Kept
We will keep your personal information while you have an account with us or while we are providing products or Services to you, including our content. Thereafter, we will keep your personal information for as long as is necessary:
• To respond to any questions, complaints, or claims made by you or on your behalf;
• To show that we treated you fairly; or
• To keep records required by law.
We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment.
If you have an account and you log in to our site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. These cookies are stored on a site visitor's hard drive until they are deleted
Embedded Content From Other Websites
Articles on our site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Information you disclose through other websites is subject to the privacy and security practices of those websites. We disclaim all liability, to the extent permissible, with regard to your access to such linked websites.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
If you have an account on our site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to access it. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Regardless of the measures and efforts taken by us or our third-party service providers, we cannot and do not guarantee the absolute protection and security of your personal information, or any other information you upload, publish or otherwise share with us or anyone else. WE encourage you to set strong passwords for your account and avoid providing us or anyone with any sensitive personal information of which you believe its disclosure could cause you substantial or irreparable harm.
Public Forums And User Content
Our Services may offer publicly accessible blogs, communities and support forums. Any personal information you provide in any such public areas of our website may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. If you want to remove your personal information from our blogs, communities, or forums, feel free to contact us at [email protected] In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information from such areas. For example, if you use a third-party application to post a comment (e.g., the Facebook social plugin application) while logged in to your related profile with such third party, you must log in into such application or contact its provider if you want to remove the personal information you posted on that platform.
WE advises against posting any personal information (via any means) if you want to keep that information private.
If you upload any user content to your user account or provide it in any other way as part of the use of any Service, you do so at your own risk.
We have put adequate security measures in place to protect your personal information, but WE cannot control the actions of other visitors, users, or members of the public who may access your user content, and are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures you or WE may have placed on your user account (including, for instance, password-protected areas on our website). You understand and acknowledge that, even after its removal by you or us, copies of your user content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if any third parties have copied or stored your user content. If you do not want certain information to be public then please do not upload or post in on our Services, including any public area.
Protecting Children’s Privacy Online
Our online services are not directed to or intended for individuals under 18 years of age. Minors under 18 are only permitted to use our Services through an account owned by a parent or legal guardian with their appropriate permission and under their direct supervision.
We reserve the right to make changes to our site, this policy, and our Terms at any time and to add new policies at any time. You must look at the date this policy and our Terms were last revised to make sure you are aware of any conditions since the last time you reviewed these conditions. Your continued use of our site after we have changed this policy signifies your acceptance of the revised terms. If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
You may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org